Tuesday, September 28, 2010

WOWZA!

So excited this week.

I've tried to be more gentle with myself about the workout thing...because truth be told, the little guy has basically been hooked up to me non-stop for the past several days. Growth spurt? Possibly...or maybe just a really, really hungry baby. But since I have been struggling with the nursing thing since having my appendix out in August, so I am glad he is wanting to nurse--even if it's an inconvenience sometimes.

Just threw in some activity when I could--went running, walked extra, did stairs. Ate well.

(and nursed like a manwoman! lol)

Weighed in tonight...lost 3.2 pounds this week.

Got my new sports bra in the mail today (had to order on the internet because they didn't carry my cup size in the store. boo to the big chest!!!) and am hoping that will help in my quest to be active!

Just a good weekend...and feelin' a good week ahead. :)

3 comments:

Nikki Nelson said...

Wow! How's it been having your appendix out? Any different? I know how uncomfortable it is to nurse after surgery. I had my gallbladder out when T1 was only two months old. It hurt so bad to hold him against my stomach, rubbing on those incisions.
Great job on your weight loss! It's even better that you've been consistantly loosing the weight! You're rockin' it girl! Good for you!
What kind of bra did you get? I can't wait to hear if it helps/ supports more.
Keep up the great work!

Kathy Whittle said...

Awesome to hear about more weight loss! (which I could say the same). And yeah for a new bra! Those are always nice. Hang in there with nursing - before you know it, he'll be out of that whole stage. I still miss my little babies sometimes!

Rachel Holloway said...

Nikki--I ordered a Moving Comfort bra

http://www.movingcomfort.com/?os=adwords&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=adwords&gclid=CLyW-b2YraQCFR7_iAodaAsVcg

I googled the best rated bras for fuller chests, and that was the number 1. The reviews on Amazon were good, so I went for it. I tried it on last night, and loved it! While it doesn't keep me 100% tight (like I wish), I don't know that it's truly an achievable thing for my "girls" right now. But it definitely holds me in better than other things I tried. And it goes up HIGH, so there is no cleavage popping out! lol

I think the only bummer is that I know I will need to buy another one in a smaller size in a month or two. Good, I suppose, but depressing--because it was like $33...ouch!

I had my appendix out when Carter was 3 1/2 weeks old. The physical recovery was probably 2 weeks of pain (although a nursing pillow helped the pain tremendously). However, I was so thrown off by the pump and dump while I was on pain meds,, and trying to get my milk supply built up was incredibly hard. (not to mention that also thrown in there was being treated for thrush for a couple weeks, and then dealing the the TERRIBLE pain from the infection that was undiagnosed for so long. Still trying to get over that completely, but have at least seen some progress...

not that everyone here cares about my breastfeeding issues! lol