Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Reeses Story

Okay, I'll put off studying stats and tell my Reeses story - what I can remember anyway! This was a LONG time ago - like almost 20 years ago! Annette (Sarah & Rachel's mom) and I are riding along a neighborhood road. Annette is driving, and I'm in the passenger seat when we pass a small orange thing in the curb gutter on the right - I barely notice it - just a flash of orange as we drive by. But it's enough of a flash that I'm thinking, "Could it be? Could it really be......a Reeses?" "Hold on, Annette! Back up! I think that's a Reeses!" Being the awesome sister that she is, Annette comes to a stop, backs up for me, I hop out of the car, and sure enough, it's a Reeses, UNOPENED!! Of course, I snatch it up, open it, eat it, and get my sugar fix for free that day! (Don't remember if I shared with Annette or not!) I must have been pretty desperate.

Then there was the time that Annette and I bought a 4-pack of Haggendaz ice cream bars at the store (I think that was the brand) and each ate 2 before we ever got back to the house. Actually that probably happened more than once! Another time we stuffed ourselves at Olive Garden (NOT the soup and salad), then had a huge piece of cheesecake (each of us), and literally WADDLED out of the restaurant. We have Lots of stories!

There you go - I've since come out of the closet and am fairly open about the fact that I'm totally addicted to sugar and will do some pretty wild stuff to get some, including eating chocolate chips right out of the bag, mixing Cool Whip with peanut butter, and fooling myself that eating frosted mini wheats is okay because it is, after all, nutritious hay bails. :)

3 comments:

Nikki Nelson said...

Ha! Ha! Thanks for sharing the stories. I love it! (BTW, I hope you didn't really feel peer pressured into it. I'm a big teaser, so when I said just kidding, I really meant it.)
The reese's story is awesome! I kept imagining you walking down the street, and seeing an unwrapped reese's (but still sitting on it's little cardboard thing) and just picking it up and eating it.

I think it could happen, esp back when I was a kid, 20 yrs ago.
But I'm glad to hear the funny story.
Confession: I too have waddled out of The Olive Garden, and I sometimes want to, esp when they've got their never ending pasta dish happening!
Thanks again Kathy.

Sarah said...

Laughing so hard the whole time I read this! I can totally picture you and my mom doing that, especially back in the good ol' days. And it makes me REALLY want to live close to one of my sisters so we can do crazy stuff like that together too.

Rachel Holloway said...

It is truly a classic! :) And I laugh every time I think about it! Glad you shared!!!