Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nicia-Day 1

Hi everyone! My name is Nicia Esplin. When Sarah posted this challenge on her blog I asked for an invitation thinking why not?! I had a baby 6 months ago, and I think nursing has really helped me drop the lbs. because I have not worked out at all, and my PRE-PREGANCY jeans fall off me now. I am very happy with my weight, I would just like to get toned up.
Anyway, to be honest I kind of forgot about the fact that I had agreed to do this challenge, so when my step-mom, Kathy Whittle called me out on it and noticed I was a follower, she kind of gave me that kick in the pants to go out and get the DVD. So...that's what I did today. I went to Walmart and bought my 30 Day Shred DVD and 5 lb. weights and I just finished my first workout!
Can I just say...IT WAS HELL! Sorry, I'm just being honest! I can't think of another way to describe it! I felt like such a wimp, but at the same time, totally hard core! My 3 year old daughter decided to join me, by the way, and used pencils for her weights! Totally adorable.
So, my legs feel like jelly, and I'm pretty sure my arms are shaking as I type. Yikes! Can't wait to start noticing it not hurting. That's always a good feeling.
I think what will motivate me even more is posting a picture of me before and after. So when my hubby gets home I think I will have him take a picture of me and I'll post it on here. :) Thanks!!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! Welcome Nicia! I'm glad Kathy gave you that kick in the pants...I was debating saying something to you, but didn't want to bug you.

That workout is definitely rough...just give it a few days and your body will start to get used to it. Also, you are way hard core for using 5 lb weights! I still can't do more than 3 lbs...though I occasionally use 4 lbs for some of the easier exercises.
That's so cute that Alyssa used pencils as weights. Haha!

Nikki Nelson said...

Welcome Nicia! It's awesome to see how this group challenge is growing. I love it!
Can I just say KUDOS to you in having your pre-prego jeans falling off already! (I'm so jealous!)
You're not a wimp, it is a very intense workout. The 5lb weights really wipe you out too. You might wanna go get 3lb weights and start with those. I've been using 5lb weights for a long time with levels 1 & 2. I did level 3 today, for the second time. The first time I used my 5lb weights. I seriously thought I was gonna die. Today I used the 3lb weights, and I was still huffing and puffing, but I def recommend starting out with 3lb weights with each level. IDK when I'll get to the 5 lb weights for level 3.
Pencil weights for the kids is a great idea. I might use that next time mine wanna workout with me... that's way cute.
Anyway, welcome again!

Rachel Holloway said...

uh...ya...5 lbs is pretty much suicide. lol

I am a 2 pounder....that's it so far. :) truly weaksauce!
Glad you're joining the crew!

Connie Johnson said...

It is such a wonderful feeling when I can fit into my pre-pregnancy pants. Before I had my three boys I was a size two. Right after being pregnant I couldn't even fit into a size 6. However, I am already down to a size 4. So excited. My youngest is almost 7 months old. Good luck with all your work outs. This is an awesome support group :)

Kathy Whittle said...

Hi! I guess you know now why I'm using the 3 lb weights. :) I had to smile reading about Alyssa using pencils for weights - my granddaughter is so adorable!! Welcome to the group.

Nikki Nelson said...

WHAT! A SIZE 4! I'd LOVE to be a size 4 again! That was high school years for me (almost 10 years ago). I don't think I'll ever get back to a size 4, but it sure would be great if I could! I'd even be happy with a size 6 I think. Maybe I'll keep shooting for a size 4 though. Heck, why not!?
I'm excited to see your before pic. If I were a size 4 I'd def put my before pic up too. But nobody wants to see a flabby gut in a size 8-10... so I'll save y'all from seeing my gruesome before pic. Haha!

Connie Johnson said...

Nikki, I am only 4'11.5 round up to 5 ft. So I am really short!!! I am also small framed. When I was pregnant I swear I looked like a whale because of my height. 40 extra lbs. on somebody my height isn't so attractive. So far I have lost 26 lbs. Still a long way to go. Like the other girls have said, you still look great!