Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Starting out...

For my first post, I'm gonna go out on a limb and do a "Who/Where I am" sort of thing, because although I know some of you, I certainly don't know all of you. So, here goes...

I am a thirty-four year old mother of two, living in Western Oregon with my husband of (almost) thirteen years. My son, Kellen, will turn twelve in November, and loves participating in his Scout troop. He is also thrilled to be in the 6th grade now, with opportunities for playing drums in the school band (ugh!). My daughter, Madison, just turned five at the end of August and is thoroughly enjoying her first year of school as a Kindergartner. My husband easily works a 60-hour work week with a non-profit organization, which has a tendency to complicate my schedule because I am a full-time student, although if plans go right I will graduate in March of 2011.

Since Madison's birth (obviously 5 years ago) I haven't been able to get rid of the 'baby fat' and have put on a bit more on top of that. That having been said, my hope is to either A) lose about 40 lbs or B) fit back into a size 10 jeans. I say either/or because, of course, muscle weighs more than fat and it would be possible for me to fit back into the jeans without having lost the full 40 lbs, yadda yadda...

For today, because I don't have my dvd yet, I worked out on the WiiFit for about an hour (211 calories) and then went for an approximate 2 mile walk/run (which was at least half "walk").

I think that's about it for me today. I look forward to working out "with" all of you :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Great start and good luck with your goal! It can be hard but it is SO worth it.

And is Kellen really in 6th grade already??? Wow!

Anonymous said...

Incredible, isn't it? Yes, he's already in 6th grade. Frightening, really... I'm truly not certain where the time went.

Rachel Holloway said...

it's CRAZY!!! I can't believe it either! :) Glad to see you around blog land again!! :) Excited to see your progress!