Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rachel - some days...

I cannot even express how much I wanted to work out this morning. I really did.

But it was a very frazzling morning--rushing, rushing, feeding a baby and getting breakfast for the kids and trying to get myself ready.

And as the stress of the morning wore on me, I just had to let go of something...exercise was it.

I felt guilty much of the day--but I DID walk/jog to pick up my daughter from school, and when I went grocery shopping I did slight lunges while walking on empty aisles. :) That's going to be it from me today...that's what I could give on a day like this.

As I was shopping, however, they had a promotion from Special K that with the purchase of any 3 Special K Products you get a free workout video (it has four different 10 minute workouts on it). So I was stoked about that--and having something else to throw in the mix, especially this winter when we can't be outside as much.

And my highest point of the day was weighing in--I lost 2.4 pounds this week and I am down 21 pounds total now!! And am super excited... :) progress.

Back on the workout bandwagon tomorrow. :)

4 comments:

Kathy Whittle said...

Rachel, some days are just like that, needing to let go of something. Don't forget you have 4 children, with one of them being a new baby! Be easy on yourself. That's cool you got a free video - and someday I'd like to find out how you always get such GREAT deals! It's like they flock to you!
And a big congrats to you for your weight loss - that is so exciting!!

Nikki Nelson said...

You are so brave! I wouldn't even try working out while grocery shopping. I'd be thinking, 'what if someone walks past my isle!? I'm going to look like such a dork. Then they're gonna get in line behind me at the cashier, and just be laughing so hard inside... AT ME!'
You're my hero! Seriously. I wish I could have that kind of confidence.
Even though your workout got chopped of the chopping block today, seems you did make great efforts to make up for it... walking/jogging to school, the grocery store. And hey, you're down 21 lbs! That's GREAT news!
CONGRATS!!!!
BTW, I agree with Kathy, you and Sarah just have these amazing deals gravitate towards you. I'm gonna have to have Sarah teach me the tricks of the trade. I'm not smart enough to figure it out, and I def don't get any great deals just jumping at me.

Sarah said...

Good for you! Even if you didn't get the workout in, you did try to get some moving in, and that's the whole point of this challenge. I hope you like your new workouts...I'll have to go see if they have the same special at our store...unless it was just specific to your grocery store.
Congrats again on the weight loss. I loved hitting those major milestones. Such a good feeling!

Rachel Holloway said...

trust me, they were small movements--I wasn't extreme! :) lol.

I have no idea if the video was specific to my store--wonder if you could look at the special k website...there's got to be some info there!