Friday, September 24, 2010

Sarah Day 11- My Biggest Challenges

I NEVER would have thought when I started this whole challenge thing, that my biggest challenge would be my kids. Seriously. I can't work out while they're awake, I can't work out while they're sleeping because I'm still asleep...or at least half asleep.  :)  Today Matthew was up early. When Jon got up he took him in the shower with him and then filled the bath for him. So I booked it to start working out. I figured that would give me more than enough time. But NOPE. I ended up pausing it halfway through when Matthew got out of the bath (shortest bath EVER!) and Emma woke up. I got them breakfast and then they wanted to take another bath. So I put them in and ran to finish the workout, which I finally did. But at that point I had completely recovered from the first half of the workout, so it just wasn't very effective. Very frustrating!

My second biggest challenge (a close second) has been motivation. I am getting tired of doing the same two workouts all the time (and I've tried level 3...not quite ready for it!). It may also be a combination of the half awake early mornings and getting bored of the workouts, that just make it hard for me to really get into it. Who knows???? If it weren't for this blog, and for the fact that I committed to doing the shred for 30 days, I would just quit. So when I start to slow down I just think of all of you, doing the same thing, and I make myself keep going. I am definitely looking forward to a new challenge in 19 days.  :)  Hopefully something that will work my abs more...any suggestions???  I can definitely feel my arms and legs getting stronger, but my abs, tummy, you know that whole middle area...that is my big problem area. And that's where I want to feel a difference.

3 comments:

Nicia said...

Same with me! There was a really good ab workout DVD that I used for a while by Kathy Ireland. You might want to look into her stuff. It was really good! I could definitely feel the burn afterwards!

Connie Johnson said...

Jane Fonda has incredible ab workouts too. Maybe on the days I have the car I could come over. That way the kids could entertain each other. I wonder if that would work :) My mom bought me these workout DVD's a few years ago called "the Firm". They have a pretty good ab routine also.

Rachel Holloway said...

Wish I had some good contribution or suggestion, but I am just taking the advice you're already been given. Gonna check and see if our library has those...for future use. :)