Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rachel - discouraged.

I just don't know what I was thinking when I set the goal to work out--let alone trying to do the shred.

I am struggling to find the time to fit it in--it is so dang hard because I don't have a choice but to nurse when the baby wakes up--so his schedule determines mine. If I don't get a workout in before getting the kids to school, Jillian just can't happen. I can only do that if I squeeze it in before school. (and I have to leave just after 8 with all the kids ready to go)

So today, I wish I had more to report. I came home from dropping everyone off and I had to still get myself ready for the day. By the time I did that, nursed again, and ran to a garage sale a couple blocks away (my sister in law had found some boy halloween costumes and I had to go pick them up), it was time to head back to pick up the boys from school.

We headed straight from there to a playdate, and by the time we got home, I had to nurse AGAIN and try to get Carter down for a nap.

I DID walk Jenna to school (instead of dropping her off on my way home from driving the boys to school) and when it was time, I jogged (in flip flops....lol) to the school again and she and I raced on the way back. So there was SOMETHING.

Just feeling discouraged that I can't have a set time, ANY TIME, to work out. I feel so lame compared to how well you all are doing with your level 3's and 5 pound weights! lol

7 comments:

Connie Johnson said...

I would be discouraged too. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day :)

Nicia said...

I hear ya with the nursing thing! It can certainly get in the way of things. Hang in there. Maybe doing both is a more practical goal for when Carter is on a better schedule.

Nikki Nelson said...

Oh Rachel, I'm sorry you're feeling so down. I think you've done great!
You have four kids who all need you! You're their #1! That should feel great! (for me it feels great and not so great sometimes too, honestly.) But really, they can't run their lives on their own yet. I was amazed when I found out you had four kids, one is still a newborn, and you're signing up for THIS CHALLENGE! Wow! That was amazing to me. I would've found a good 5 or 6 excuses as to why this challenge wouldn't work for me.
Besides, this challenge is just about getting moving consistantly, and trying to burn off a few more calories... because if we aren't moving forward or progressing, then we're absolutely degressing. Any effort you're putting in, whether it's getting a workout done, walking places instead of driving, making better snack choices/ food choices... it's all progress.
You've done amazingly great! If you think you need to let the workout go, then do it! Plan on coming back later, and just reporting any good food choices you made that day, or that you went to the store and did lunges down the isles. Or that while you were on the phone and making lunch for the kids, you were also doing some ab contractions, or butt squeezes (yes, I'm making a confession right there. Though those things don't happen very often.)
And just so you know, I started out with 3 lb weights, just like you, and I've been doing lots of different Jillian DVD's for months upon months now. Not that I've been consistant with them, but that's partly why I took up this challenge. But I'm just saying htat I've been getting use to her and her workouts much longer than you have. You have just been introduced to her and her madness.
You're doing great Rachel. But just give what you can give. Don't try and do anything more than that. (but don't be lazy either. ;p)

Nikki Nelson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Holloway said...

It's not that I am depressed about it--I just feel really bummed that my baby still nurses constantly and it's hard to fit it in while getting everyone ready for the day. sigh!

Just seeing all your progress (everyone participating) and wishing I could do more--just feel super lame. :)

And trust me, bum squeezes HAVE been done in numerous public places. lol It's a good way to squeeze in SOME physical activity. And I know that's ultimately the goal. >:)

Sarah said...

Just do what you can. You have two sets of stairs in your house, right? Run up and down those....even if it's just while you're going to/from your room. Or try doing something in the evening after kids are in bed. Really, working out in the evening isn't that bad. Getting the motivation to do it is the hardest part.

I hear ya on the nursing thing...super frustrating!

Rachel Holloway said...

Sarah...I hoped evening would be an option...but sometimes Carter is super fussy then, and times like tonight, I am here alone and he's fighting sleep big time~ :) Just seems like there's never a good set time. sigh. ;)