Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Joining in from Springville, UT

Hi all,
I thought I'd post a little about where I'm coming from. I'm 48 1/2 (yikes!) and have raised all my children but one, our 8-year old daughter, Emily. My husband, Dave, is self-employed. I work part-time and go to school part-time and the past few weeks have been getting into a rut of snacking on the wrong foods while studying. 2 1/2 years ago I was looking at pictures of myself and realizing how the weight had crept on. I got very motivated and lost 14 lbs and was 2 lbs short of reaching my goal when I fell off the band wagon and went back to no real exercise and not being careful about what I eat. Since then I have gained back 10 of those 14 lbs - :(

My long-term goal is to stave off diabetes, the silent killer that my parents and now 3 of my siblings have, and that I know I'll have if I keep gaining weight. My short-term goal is to lose 15 pounds which would put me at the weight I was 10 years ago when I got married. Of course, this would also help me fit in some of the clothes I have that are starting to look like they aren't really mine (don't fit right anymore), but I just keep wearing them anyway because I insist on not buying a bigger size! I also want to do more toning of my muscles.

Yesterday I did 20 minutes collectively on the step, squats, and some sit-ups. I ordered the DVD 2 days ago and am anxiously watching my mailbox!

Thank you, Sarah, for starting this challenge!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah! Glad you're joining us...though I think you look amazing already! This workout should definitely help you tone...at least that's what I'M hoping, and it seems to be working so far. :)
Good luck!

Rachel Holloway said...

You DO look amazing already! but glad you're along for the ride! :) It's nice to FEEL healthy!!