Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Millbrae- Productive!

Okay, so I've got a lot to ramble off. Just because I want to have an adult conversation. But first my report for the past couple days...
-Day 7- (yesterday, Monday) I didn't workout. I was so tired, I just slept until I HAD to get up to get T1 to school. Kept trying to make time during the day, but that didn't happen.
-Day 8- (today) I ROCKED IT BABY! I woke up, a little later than I was suppose to, but still I woke up, got my Jillian Level 2 done, but didn't have time for my Ab Jam. Got showered, part of my make-up on, T1, T2, and I walked T1 to school, came back and finished getting my makeup on, blew my hair dry, and was ready for the day a bit BEFORE 9AM! This is a big deal for me. I don't even remember the last time I was ready that early for no good reason. Just to have the rest of the day ahead of me! Felt great! (just wish it all came natural to get up and going this early.)
So I went to Big 5 today, and got another sports bra $35... better be worth it! Seems to be a more supportive sports bra than usual. I hope it doesn't disappoint me. I also got a pro-roller. It was normally $25, but 'on sale' for $20. I also saw them at Target today for $25.
After that T2 and I went and picked up the mail, did some grocery shopping, then picked up T1 from school, and had lunch. Then my hubby came home from work, he'd been working since Sunday @ 9pm. I let him stay home with the kids while I went shopping. I went to Old Navy, got their Halloween costumes and other things too. Then to NY&Co. my fav! Got a couple things there, and then to Target, got some things there!


Oh! I got a 15 oz. pumpkin spice candle, for $5.99, there was also a 15 oz. winter pine candle... which rang up for the $5.99, but I argued with them because on the shelf it shows the price as $1.48. So I got it for cheaper than the tiny candle was worth! I was stoked about that!
I also meant to go to GNC and get some protein shake drink powder, or something for protein shakes, but totally spaced it. Maybe I can get to that tomorrow? We'll see.
Anyway, I feel like I had a productive day. Got a lot of running around done!
Well, I'm beat! I'm gonna go to bed now...
See y'all tomorrow!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great day! Hope the bra works!

I also LOVE NY&Co. Seems like the only one though is in San Bruno...so I don't get there often.

Rachel Holloway said...

So I have been thinking about that roller--do you think a rolled up yoga mat would work as well? It would sure be cheaper--since I have one already sitting around. I am curious to hear your experience with your roller though!

And WHAT KIND OF BRA did you get? I am going nuts trying to find one. Seriously, the bras I have looked at are a JOKE--either not supportive enough or not BIG enough. very frustrating.

And I love scents too--for whatever reason I always just feel like my house is clean and organized when I am burning my scentsy...(even if it's a mess! lol)

Nikki Nelson said...

Sarah- NY&Co has been my fav for so long! I usually call it Lerner New York still, cuz that's what it was when I started shopping there. Haha!
Rachel- IDK how well a rolled up mat would be. It might do the job, but I think it'd be more squooshy than this roller is. This roller reminds me of those swimming pool noodles. You know what I'm talking about? They're just shorter, fatter, and don't have the whole in the middle. But it's made of the same kind of foamy stuff, and I think it is still stiffer than the noodles are.
I'd say to try the rolled up mat, and see if that seems to help. Then you don't have to spend more money on a roller, and have to find a place for it to live too! (more clutter = ugh!) The rolled mat might work good enough to release that lactic acid. It's worth a try!

Nikki Nelson said...

My friend said. "you can the stretches/ exercises without a foam roller, to a point. Take a softball or baseball, or any hard ball or even a canned food, roll it over the top of your thighs and towards the outside, where it is sore. It's not much, but if it's your quads that hurt, you will definately feel it."
I hope this helps.