Monday, September 20, 2010

Posting from Utah

I didn't get my workout in this morning, and was so tired after tucking Emily in, I want you guys to know that this blog and knowing all of you are making an effort to work out every day is the only thing that got me starting that DVD! I got through Level 2 and did a little more ab work at the end, those bicycle things with the legs in a sit-up position. I have to say, Jillian gets a little annoying at times, but sometimes her nagging talking actually keeps me moving!

On the downside, my weight was up yesterday and today - Dave says maybe it's because muscle weighs more than fat so maybe I'm toning, but I'm afraid part of it is from eating too much sugar and carbs over the weekend. On the upside, I think I feel energized enough to go through my next Stats chapter. Bye for now!

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

you. are. amazing. If it's after bedtime, I am pretty much counted out. I just don't have it in me. So a HUGE kudos to you for doing it ANYWAY! :)

Sarah said...

Good for you!

Weight does tend to go up when you first start working out...shouldn't last more than a few days to a week. Your body is retaining more water and muscle does weigh more than fat. Take your measurements so that you can look at those when the numbers on the scale aren't moving like you want them to.

Nikki Nelson said...

I am so with you on Jillian. Sometimes she's so annoying, and other times her nagging really does keep me pushing through! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.
The weight being up- sometimes that does happen at the start up of working out. Don't let it get you down.