Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Rachel. up early, :)

Carter woke up to nurse at 4 a.m.

Have been up since then. (That to me is the WORST time to wake up, because once I feed him and get back in bed, my body is awake enough that I just can't get back to sleep.)

I got some stuff taken care of, and then was lounging on the couch in the dark watching Oprah when it struck me that I could actually be working out--and SHOULD be working out! So Oprah took a backseat and Jillian entered center stage. The kids got up shortly after, but they went to the playroom for most of the time, which I was glad about.

No school here today--so it was nice to not have to rush somewhere!

I did level 2. I really hate some of the moves--but there are actually some I do like more than level 1. Like the climbing pushups. At least I felt like I could do them!! (comparing to regular ones, where I am completely weaksauce!)

So, got the workout in, got the day started. Feels good.

Also, been wondering. Do you guys always put tennis shoes on to workout? I often don't, but wondered if it makes a difference.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oooh...yuck! Sorry you were up so early. Hopefully you'll get a good nap in later.

That's funny that you like the walking push ups...I can't stand them. So I always do regular push ups instead. :)

I never wear tennis shoes to work out. I am just not a shoe person and I hate how hot and sweaty my feet get with shoes on. I have wondered though if it makes a difference.

Nikki Nelson said...

I would hate to be awake at 4am and not be able to go back to sleep too. That is yucky!
But it's great that you were able to get so much done so early in the morning! Good job!!!
Ha! I like the walk out push-ups too!
I always put tennish shoes on. I think that I wouldn't get so hot if I had them off, but I don't think I give it my all when I don't have them on. If I'm going to be lax on the shoes, I'm probably going to be lax on the workout. IDK if it makes any difference or not. Maybe try it with for a week and see if that helps your back better???