Wednesday, September 15, 2010

DAY 1 AND 2 and an intro from me

My name is Rachel--(am Sarah's sister) and I am really excited for this challenge!

I just had my 4th baby just less than 2 1/2 months ago and since then I have been really trying to make better eating choices and be healthier as a family. Am happy to report that as of yesterday I was 18.4 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight.

The food has not been as much of a challenge as the physical fitness. :) So I am hoping this will jumpstart the rest of my weight loss (I have another 22 pounds I want to lose).

Gotta be honest in saying that Jillian is probably one of my least favorite people. lol. So I am getting the video through netflix first to see what I think--but my goal, video or not, is to be ACTIVE for at least 20 minutes 6 days a week.

Yesterday I did the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home video--

And today I went out and did the fitness course at one of our parks--it's a mile path with intense hills and places to stop for push ups, sit ups, climbing ropes, etc. (I skipped all that for today! Just did my mega walk). I even RAN part of it--which is a HUGE deal coming from me. :)

Excited to see all your progress and get some fun new ideas for working out! :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Good for you! We have several of those courses near us and I love them. The kids think they are pretty much the greatest thing ever, so it works out nicely. :)

Kathy Whittle said...

Welcome, Rachel! Congrats to you for how far you come already since your little one was born!! Wish we had one of those running paths around here....I would so be there. Sounds great!

Nikki Nelson said...

Wow! Just had a baby and making such a serious commitment already! Good for you! I wish I'd have done that after my kids.
I also hope I can convince my hubby to try for a couple more kids too... to make our total 4 also. But idk if that'll ever happen.
Congrats on the newest bundle of joy!