Friday, September 17, 2010

Millbrae- SO SORE

I am still sore. Feeling very, very sore. In fact I made a comment about our challenge on my facebook, and one of my friends asked me if I knew what 'foam rolling' was.
Well, I don't know if any of you have heard of that, but I haven't. It's a form of stretching... kinda. The way I understand it is, you put pressure on your sore muscles, and kind of rub against it, back and forth. "It helps get rid of teh lactic acid in your muscles. It hurts like the dickens for the first few times you do it, but then it feels so good."- my FB friend says.
I googled 'foam roller exercises' and printed off a 8 page article type thing from http://www.performbetter.com/. I've only glanced at it, but it might be more of 'exercises' than stretches with the foam roller.
She explained that you can pick up a 'pro-roller' at any sports store, like Sports Authority, Big 5, etc. She ordered hers online, can't remember where online, but it has a # on it of... 800-367-7393, she remembers it cost her about $40, but she's seen them at Big 5 for around $20. I'm interested in it, and I think I'm going to be finding myself a 'pro-roller' to try it out. I'm more sore today than I have been since I started the challenge. So I'm looking forward to trying this out. If you try it out, or have heard of it, it'd be great to hear your input/ feedback. I'll let you know what I think of it when I try it.

Now to my report...

-Day 5- Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred. Still used my 5lb weights, but think I'm going to try my 3lb weights and see what differnce, if any, that will make... besides being lighter. I also started doing my Ab Jam workout and got about 70% through that, until my oldest needed a talk about school. So I stopped the workout, and we talked about school, and why he seems to not like it anymore, which also took up my shower time. I felt so stupid/ humiliated going to school with no makeup, stinky, sweaty, and yucky. That talk better have made some sorta difference. Haha!

2 comments:

Kathy Whittle said...

Sorry about being so sore - I think my turn is coming - my DVD came today. Good luck with the rollers! I know what you mean about going to school after a workout - I've done that before - but in years to come, you'll never regret that time you spent with your son, and it probably meant a lot to him.

Rachel Holloway said...

I wonder if this would help my lower back/upper rear end pain! Got to check it out...