Sunday, September 19, 2010

Oregon - Day 6

I did it! I got up at a quarter to six this morning and went through the 30 Day Shred for the first time! Not too bad... The push-ups kill me, and I'm definitely gasping for breath during the cardio, but I'm feeling good about the sore muscles, since they're my indication that I'm doing something :) That may have to be my regular time every day, since we all have to be out the door at about 8am during the week for schools and work. If I don't do it in the morning, I won't get it done at all because I lack all motivation by the time the evening hits. By the end of the day, I'm ready to just sit and veg in front of the tv with Steve. Dual reason is that he'll sit and watch whether I do or not, which means that the tv is occupied regardless! I was really enoying some of the stretches in the glutes today because my backside is still quite sore from yesterday's ride, so it was a very good start to the day!

3 comments:

Nikki Nelson said...

Good for you! I'm going to have to get up at about 5:30am also if I want to be ready for the day by the time to get me and the kids out the door for school @ 8am also. So maybe knowing that "Calista Oregon" (my nik-name for you) is going to be up as early as I am, doing the same thing I'm doing until 8am... maybe that'll help me get up as early as I should/need to, to not waste more of my day.

Good for you for getting up so early, esp on a Sunday morning to fit in a workout! The push-ups are killing me again too. I was getting real good at them, then I took 2-3 months off of working out. I sure am feelin them again!

Anonymous said...

Prior to doing this workout with everyone, I would get up around 6-630am, so this isn't THAT much of a stretch. The hard part will be making myself expend that much energy almost before the day has started! I'm looking forward to it being a good way to start the day off right, though. And, you're right, it makes it just a little easier to know that someone else is doing the exact same things I am at the same (awful) hour of the morning :)

Rachel Holloway said...

GOOD FOR YOU! Those pushups put me on the FLOOR! LOL. Tough stuff!