Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 6??? I'm not even sure anymore!

So I thought I was on day 4 or 5, but according to the calendar, which I trust better than my memory, it is actually day 6.  Hooray!

I am not feeling AS sore anymore, mostly just in my thighs...where I don't want to feel it. I have been walking/jogging/biking long enough now that I am happy with how my legs look. I don't want them to get all muscly and have huge thunder thighs!

I think my biggest challenge at this point (at least this morning) was motivation. I am really struggling with finding a time to work out. My old roommate and her sister came to visit and it has been SO fun. However, I knew that it was going to be tricky to fit in a workout every day that she's here and it has...more so than usual. Yesterday, they left early in the morning to go to the city and we met up with a couple hours later, so I was planning on working out during that little window in the morning. I put a movie on for the kids, got them snacks, made sure they were all set, but as soon as Matthew saw me working out he wanted to be held...UGH! I made it through 10 minutes of it before I just had to turn it off. And I never finished it. We walked all over San Francisco though, so I figure that made up for the missed half of the workout. There are some BIG hills there. Add a stroller and 50 lbs of kids to the mix, and you've got yourself a great workout!

This morning I had the same challenge as yesterday. I figured there's no way I'm getting a workout in tonight, so I tried this morning. Got the kids settled and started. Matthew lasted a few minutes longer, but I had him wrapped around my legs for most of the last half. And that doesn't make for a good workout...maybe THAT'S why I'm not so sore anymore!  :)

Looking forward to my Sunday off tomorrow and hopefully I'll have more motivation on Monday.

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

hoping so!! I had the same problem this morning--it stinks to have kids clinging to you!

Nikki Nelson said...

I hope Matthew gets use to seeing you workout. It took my boys a while to get it too, and they still sometimes need reminding that this is my time, and give me space or they'll get hurt (from me kicking, or whatever the exercise is that they'd be in the way for... Just to clarify that I don't abuse my kids. ;])

Kathy Whittle said...

Yes, definitely county your walk in SF as part of your workout!!