Friday, September 24, 2010

Oregon - Day 11

I think this is day 11, anyway... I've lost track through not posting the last two days, sorry! I was here, though, and I try to keep up on the other posts and stuff. I have to admit, once school starts on Monday, along with my new work schedule, I am extremely unlikely to respond to other people's posts. I don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt if I don't answer something...

Anyway, I didn't get to work out on day 9, but I did work out yesterday. I haven't lost any weight yet, but I haven't changed my eating habits much and any time that I'm not actually doing workout I am sitting in front of the computer, since I've been doing job training all week. I have hopes of being able to ride my bike to campus and back once classes start next week, which will get me in another half hour or so (round-trip) on the 1 1/2 mile ride to the college. I'm still squeaking along on Level 1, grunting (and falling) on the push-ups, and gasping on the cardio. Wow. I must be even more out of shape than I thought... Ugh. I have to admit, though, I am pleased that I have managed a few more push-ups than I did on day 1 with Jillian :)

I haven't worked out yet today, but I have hopes of doing so once I get the kids to bed. Right now, they're bathed and pajama-ed in front of the tv watching G-Force. Steve has a late meeting tonight so I may be able to get my stuff in and shower before he gets home (fingers crossed).

And, just for the record, I would be interested in seeing a second challenge to change things up and keep us motivated when the 30 days for this is up. This has been really good, to have someone else to do the workouts "with".

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

SLOWLY BUT SURELY, right? You're getting there!

Nicia said...

I'm the same with the comment thing. There are times I have a quick minute to check and some that I don't, and I don't want anyone to feel hurt that I didn't comment on one! I do appreciate other peoples comments though. Good job thinking about ways you can get more exercise into your day!

Kathy Whittle said...

Sounds like you're going to have a very busy schedule, but the bike riding will be a great way to get the exercise in! As for the being in shape, all of us are just taking our own baby steps, so you should be proud of any progress you're making!