Thursday, September 23, 2010

Just wondering...and rambling

I know--2nd post today from me. But just had a bunch of random on my mind. :)

(This will be much more optimistic, promise!)

Am excited because my husband has the day off tomorrow--and so we get to hit up the fitness trail together. I had a great time last time and it really pushed me to run, which I am longing to do more! (Sarah is coming to visit me in a month and we were thinking of trying to do a 5k...so I am hoping I can work up to that, because I think it would be super fun!)

Also, getting to go look for a sports bra tomorrow--won't stop till I find one! :) I think that will make a big difference when I AM able to fit Jillian into my morning!

---what else? I have butterfinger bars sitting in my cupboard, leftover from an activity. I have refrained from eating one, haven't even been tempted--and am so dang proud. Those are my ABSOLUTE weakness (I would even pull a move like Kathy for one of those!!! lol)

--oh, and Nikki, don't be dissing your "flabby" size 8-10 because that's what I aspire to be at someday!! This is seriously the skinniest group of shredders ever (I was a size 4 in like, what, 3rd grade!?!! lol.) I am definitely the odd man (well, woman) out here. :)

And hey, on a completely random topic...
What happens with this blog after the 30 day challenge is complete? Will we all just start it over or keep going or have a new fitness goal? Just curious...

I would sure hate to see it disappear...because regardless of how often I can pull off the shred workout, I still AM trying to move more and be more healthy overall. And i love having this little place to talk about it....and I especially love "meeting" each of you.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Woohoo for your day tomorrow! Hope you find something! And I'm going to look up 5k's tonight!

As for the blog, I plan on starting a new challenge for myself every 30 days. I hope everyone will keep up with it, because I love this blog, love getting to follow everyone's progress, love all the random questions and thoughts...I just love it all.

I'm not doing the 30 day shred each time...it's already getting old and I still have 20 more days! But I think for my next 30 days I'm going to do an ab workout and then commit to an additional 20 minutes of exercise...walk, bike ride, whatever. Just keep moving!

Kathy Whittle said...

Yay for getting your hubby home tomorrow and for leaving your Butterfingers alone - you're doing way better than me! I really admire you for working on the weight and health when you have to be totally maxed out being a mother to four young children, without a hubby there a lot of the time. You run circles around me in all the things you accomplish, so give yourself a pat on the back!

You should definitely do a 5K when your family comes out to visit. It's a great experience. I'll have to share my story cause it was really an awesome one for me. I ran 2 5K's this year - the first one was with Emily, so it was really mostly a walk. But the 2nd one I did, I was able to run the entire time and was just feeling good that I did that. When they announced the winners, I placed 3rd for my age group and went home with a really nice medal!! Totally unexpected. I loved being out there running with everyone, especially when it's a benefit run. I'm definitely planning to do at least a couple 5K's a year from now on. Have fun!


Sorry this was so long.

Rachel Holloway said...

That is so awesome Kathy! I looked up 5k's in our area and there are lots of them-with fun runs too.So I am hoping we can sign up and do one at some point, even if it's not when my family is here. So inspired by you!!

Anonymous said...

Rachel - For doing your 5k run, there is a lot of information out there with advice on how to work yourself up in increments to being able to do that 5k. I know I had looked into that about a year and a half ago advice on doing a walk/run for a specified amount of time, slowly increasing the amount of time spent walking versus running. Just a thought...

Also, I agree with feeling like this is the "skinniest group of shredders ever". I am stretching a size 12 and haven't seen a size 8 since my senior year in high school. I actually think I would look unhealthy at a size 4 :)