Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rachel - focus on the positive

Am not going to beat myself up over what I DIDN'T do.

What I DID do yesterday, was to walk to get my daughter from school, power walk/ shop looking for a sports bra, take extra trips from the car to my house, even though I could have gotten it all in one trip, and kicked the soccer ball with my little boy in the backyard for a bit.

Stayed good with food choices...knew I was going to be gone over lunch time (shopping), so I packed a sandwich to take, to avoid the temptation to eat out at some fast food place.

At dinner, we had an offer for babysitting, so we jumped at the chance to go somewhere! We went to Texas Roadhouse (if you've not been there, dang you're missing out! mmmm!) Hubby and I split an entree and I got a side of steamed veggies, and I only ate 2 small rolls. (if you've eaten these rolls before, ,you KNOW how easy it is to inhale them like popcorn. DELISH!)

Went to a friend's birthday party after that--didn't touch the bowls of candy in the center of all the tables, or munch on the cookies and such. SUCCESS!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good for you!

Kathy Whittle said...

Way to focus on the positive! And kudos to you for passing up the candy bowls!