Monday, September 13, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to our 30 day shred challenge! I am excited for this challenge and excited to be doing it with all of you.

So, why the challenge?  I have lost 33 lbs since March. While I was actively trying to lose weight I was really good about exercising. Now that I am focusing more on maintaining my weight, I have found that I am quickly losing my motivation to work out. And I'm feeling it. When I do exercise, I have more energy and it is easier to make good food choices. When I don't I just start to drag and then I tend to snack a lot to compensate for the lack of energy. So, in short, I just feel so much better when I'm exercising regularly. And this is where the 30 day challenge comes in for me. I needed to have a goal, something to work towards, and the accountability that comes with this blog and working together with you all. By doing this challenge, I am hoping to get more toned and to continue to maintain my current weight.

Feel free to share your goals, and your progress as you go along. Being accountable to other people is a great motivator!

And as a final side note, feel free to start the challenge today, or the day that you get your video. Or if you want to set your own 30 day fitness challenge and post your progress here that is great too!

So, my progress report for today- Day 1-

I did the shred in the morning. I don't know how well this is going to work for me. The kids were running circles around me and running through my legs and sitting on me when I laid down for the abs part. It made it hard to get anything done! So, I need to play around with times that work best, maybe get up earlier, before the kids...who knows. Even with the interruptions I am feeling the workout today...especially in my legs. It's a good feeling.  :)

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

maybe before they get up??? I am hoping to find a schedule that will work for me--kid free--because they LOVE to get all involved! lol And I set the shred for my next video from netflix... :)