Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Millbrae- Today is day 3... right?

I am SO SORE! It's pathetic. I'm remembering why I only would workout every other day. I am always so sore after doing a Jillian workout.
-DAY 3- I did the 30 Day Shred, Level 2. Sarah, Level 2 is my fav too (out of 1 & 2, since I haven't dared to even try level 3 either. lol!) However, I pulled out my 3lb. weights today, just in case I didn't think I could do my 5lb. weights. I did all of the strength with the 5lb weights, except for the last rep of strength. (The squat with the fly). I did the first rep of that with 5lbs. It was so hard. So the second round of them, I used the 3lbs. I was laughing so hard, I couldn't believe how much lighter they felt to me. LOL!
When I decided to take on this challenge, I wanted to do the Turbo Jam- Ab Jam workout too whenever I did a Jillian workout, since I'm really trying to target this belly, since it's my biggest problem. However, I really had to push myself to get a workout done today, and by the time I got done with the 30 Day Shred, I didn't have time to get the Ab Jam done too. I had to hurry and shower, and go pick up my oldest from Kindergarten.
Holy Cow though! I'm so sore! I'm not sure how I'm going to get a great workout done tomorrow. It's going to be a funny sight to see, I'm sure! Hahaha!



Rachel, I didn't like Jillian for the longest time. She bugged me for about the first month I did her workouts. But I bought 4 of her workout dvd's for $5 each, and I couldn't let that money go to waste. Plus I was really seeing results with her workouts. They just kick my butt every time I do them. It's easier for me now, because I just shrug it off as 'Jillian being Jillian', and she really doesn't bug me anymore... not that I watch the biggest looser, or that I'm a huge fan of her. I just love the change and progress I see in myself with her torturous help. Hahaha!

I hope I can find strength to get a workout done tomorrow. Maybe I'll be crazy enough to try level 3! Hahaha!

P.S.
Oh, and can I just say how much I HATE doing jumping jacks! I have to try so hard to do my kegel exercises at the same time... and I fail every time. It just SUCKS! I'm sorry if that's TMI for some of you. But I hope I'm not the only one that just HATES the jumping jacks. I have to wear a heavy pad every time I workout. What am I 75!? Sure feels like it when I do those dad-gummid jumping jacks!.... venting is complete now.

Here's to hoping I can move tomorrow!

4 comments:

Kathy Whittle said...

Hey, your jumping jacks sound like me when I jump on the trampoline with Emily. My bladder has definitely lost some strength somewhere along the way.....

Rachel Holloway said...

thanks for the encouragement on the Jillian thing...hoping it's not so bad! :) If she gives results, I am game. Because that's sure as heck what I am going for!!!

Sarah said...

5 lb weights! Wow! I'm a wimp...I always use 3 lbs and was actually debating if I should start using the 2 lbs.

Love the 1 1/2 hour workout picture by the way...that is SO me. :)

Nikki Nelson said...

Kathy- I have the same problem on the trampoline too! Do Kegel exercises even work? lol!
Rachel- You're welcome. And Jillian's really bothersome at first, but adventually you get past it.
Sarah- I might start working with the 3 lbs. That's what Jillian uses on the Shred, right? I'm considering using the 3lbs more often. 5lbs are killer!