Friday, October 1, 2010

Sarah Day 17

What to say??? This has been a really lame week for me. I didn't work out at all the last 2 days. It was SO hot...I swear I sweat more just walking around the house than I usually do doing the 30 day shred! I just couldn't make myself work up another sweat...gross, I know...However, I did make myself put in the 30 day shred this morning and I did another half hearted, pause it every 5 minutes to take care of something for the kids, workout. But I got it done.

After not working out the last 2 days, I have also made a decision. I am giving up my goal of doing the 30 day shred every day. I feel completely lame doing this, and a little sad to not accomplish what I set out to do, but it's clear that I've already failed that particular goal. :)   I can't make myself do the same workout (or 2 or 3) workouts every day. I am SO bored with them. I have also realized the last 17 days how much I prefer to get outside and exercise. I know I am not a gym person. And apparently I am not much of a workout dvd person either. I have found, especially the last few days, that I plan on doing the dvd so I can accomplish my goal...and since I'm planning on doing the dvd I don't do much other exercise, but then I can't talk myself into doing the shred. So in the end I don't work out at all. I would much rather just do what I enjoy, even though it means abandoning my goal, because I will at least accomplish the bigger goal of making sure I'm active and moving every day. And that's what matters the most.

3 comments:

Kathy Whittle said...

I really admire you for being able to look at what it is you really want to accomplish and make the changes you need, to make that happen. You're a great inspiration!

Rachel Holloway said...

Gotta say, the same workout over and over DOES get old. And if you can get outside or get moving in a way that makes you HAPPY you should absolutely do it!
The bigger goal IS to get moving--and you should be proud that you've kept that up! :)

Nikki Nelson said...

It has been SO HOT! But now that heat wave is gone... which is a good thing, and a bad thing, all at the same time to me.
I think it's awesome that you're changing your goal. It does get kind of boring to do the same workouts all the time. However, I don't seem to get out much anyway, esp when we don't life in a neighborhood that we can just get out and go. I have to drive to a destination to be able to do those kind of things, so the DVD's have to be my thing for now.
Even though you didn't accomplish your original goal, it's good that you're realizing the main goal, and working on that. Good job!