Friday, October 1, 2010

No weight loss

Well, yesterday I weighed myself and had loss the initial weight gain I had gotten after the 1st week of doing Jillian, but had not lost anymore. I was really bummed about it and decided I just wasn't working out that day!!

But today I got back on track and was up early in the morning doing Level 2. I tried 5 lb weights and used them until the very last weights exercise. My body had gotten too used to the 3 lb weights, so I will definitely keep using the 5 pounders till I can use them the whole time.

Thanks for the advice about not drinking too much water during the workout - I just took sips this morning and didn't get any cramps. Definitely easier for me to work out in the morning when I have a little more energy!

Am really hoping that I'm losing inches somewhere because it's really frustrating to not be losing any weight. Tomorrow I hope to do better in the areas of drinking at least 2 quarts of water for the day and leaving more of the carbs alone.

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

the scale doesn't tell all! You're probably STRONGER than last week, and that's something a number could never say!!

Nikki Nelson said...

I haven't lost any weight either, since starting this challenge. I totally feel ya. It is depressing, but at the same time, it's great to feel how much stronger I am when doing a workout everyday. Not that I'm gaining a lot in the muscle department, but my cardiovascular is buliding up, and my endurance.
And I have to keep telling myself that doing a workout/ exercise is better than not doing it... whether I'm loosing weight or not.
But I know how you feel. I'm in the same boat.

Sarah said...

I agree with Rachel and Nikki...and on a positive note, at least you haven't gained any either!