Monday, October 4, 2010

Foster City

I did not post at all last week either. I really slacked on the exercise video, however, I did go on plenty of walks with my boys. Pushing a huge stroller adds to the workout too. Not to mention when I have all three boys on it, I have to push even harder. I too have not lost any weight, but I do feel my muscles starting to get tone. My pants and shirts feel more loose. That is my main way I tell if I am "losing weight". Muscle does weigh more than fat. When I was little my mom had a workout book. The lady showed pictures of her self at the same weight. However, one was with no muscle and the other was with toned muscle. What a difference it made in how big/little she was and how her body looked. All being at the same weight.

I sometimes feel like my body is telling me it is not ready to lose the weight from having three boys in a matter of four years. Maybe that is what happens to C-section ladies. I don't know. When I had my first son it took 16 months to start to somewhat fitting into my pre-marriage pants (I have no idea how long it took with my second because I was pregnant again when he was only 5 months old). I do wonder sometimes too if my stomach will ever be flat like it once was, or if I will always show a little that I had babies. Maybe that is why celebs get lipo because they have done all they can and it just doesn't take it away.

On the plus side my husband did notice that I am starting to "thin" down and "tone" up. Compliments are great, but when it comes from your husband it is the BEST!!!

I have a lunch website on my personal blog. It is mainly for kids' lunches, but I am sure you can incoporate it somehow into your own lunch. Here is the link http://www.anotherlunch.com/ I do have one thought on this website though....I think it is great, but who the heck has time to decorate their children's lunches like that. I wouldn't do that right now, let alone when I am trying to get kids out the door to school. Melissa is one dedicated mommy!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Hooray for looser fitting clothes! And husband compliments are definitely the best.

Checked out the lunch blog and I have to agree with you. Does she have little shape cutters??? I can't imagine anyone handcutting all those Mickey Mouse and car cheese pieces. It is cute though.

Nikki Nelson said...

It's an awesome feeling to have clothes fit looser! However I think it's kind of funny how we don't see the changes to our bodies. My husband has lost a lot of weight from the beginning of the year, and he doesn't see himself much differently, even though his clothes fit much looser. I'm glad that I took a 'before' pic when starting this challenge, to help show any differences I've made.
Husbands compliments are the best! Cuz they mean the most!
I also checked out the website. I don't know where she gets all those cutters, that are so small, but I like it! I think for kids, making things look fun to eat does help them eat better. Because they're more interested in it probably. It's just more fun. I don't think I'd dress them up as cute as she does though. But it's good to try and get other ideas of what to feed the kids other than pb&j with a side of fruit. I'm just stuck in a rut for meals I think. Haha!
Great job on the toning up! Keep up the great work!

Nikki Nelson said...

Thanks for sharing the website!
And it's great that you checked in, even though it's been a week. (I did the same thing. Haha!)

Rachel Holloway said...

Those are from veggie and fruit shape cutters. I checked her stuff out--some cute things, but holy painstaking moly! NO WAY, no how would I go to that much work on a daily basis for lunch. I am all about doing fun ideas and cute things, but whew~ that's a loooot of work! :)
And I checked out bento boxes online--because I think that's something my daughter would love to take (the style of lunch box). But wow! They were over $20!!! Crazy!

Congrats however, on having looser clothes! That's such a great feeling!!

And I TOTALLY get the whole kids close together--2 of my boys are only 13 1/2 mo apart, and it felt like I was pregnant FOREVER! I NEVER made it out of maternity clothes- :)

So congrats to you for making progress!!!

Connie Johnson said...

I have some Pampered Chef cutters that are really small. I can cut cheese into really cute shapes. That might be where she got them from.
-Connie