Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rachel - good days and a recipe!

I promise I don't always have downer days! lol

Got my mile walk in today--have decided that it may be all I can squeeze in while I am alone this month. But I am determined to stay as active as I can, regardless.

Weighed in today--have lost .8 pounds this week. Not stellar, but I'm satisfied for now.

Nikki was talking about a recipe swap--and I wanted to share my dinner tonight!


chicken broccoli recipe 014-2

I adapted this from a family beef and broccoli recipe--but only had chicken on hand. SO we mixed things up a little and ended up with this.


IT WAS DELICIOUS! All the kids loved it, and I seriously can't wait for lunch tomorrow (leftovers!) mmmm....

  • 3 TBSP cornstrarch
  • 1 1/2 C Hot water
  • 2 chicken bullion cubes
  • 1 TBSP white sugar
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 pound chicken breast (though you could use whatever chicken you want, really)
  • 1/4 teaspoon ginger
  • 1 bag frozen cut broccoli (or fresh)
  • 1 C shredded carrots
  • 1 can water chestnuts
  • 1 red pepper, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 small onion diced
  • 1/2 tsp salt (more if desired)

Directions

In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, hot water, bullion, sugar, and soy sauce. Stir until sugar and cornstarch are dissolved.

In a large skillet or wok over high heat, cook and stir chicken in a little bit of olive oil 2 to 4 minutes, or until browned. Add salt and onions and cook until translucent. Stir in broth mixture, ginger, garlic, and vegetables. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens.


ENJOY! :)

OH, and this serves 7-8 one cup servings (depending on how many veggies you put in)

I served it with brown rice (1/2 cup) and a 1 cup serving of the veggie/meat mixture.

2 comments:

Kathy Whittle said...

Yeah for getting your mile in! And your dinner looks scrumptious!

Sarah said...

This looks REALLY good. Gonna try it this week. Thanks for the recipe!